Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

I got this idea off a friend's blog....thanks Steph!  Check her out (on my bloglist on the right, she's "The Sweet Life")!

I'm starting the 30 Day Photo Challenge. Everyday, I post a photo from a list. You should play along too, it'll be fun :)

30 Day Photo Challenge!


The List:
Day 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show
Day 04 - A picture of your night
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate
Day 12 - A picture of something you love
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 19 - A picture and a letter
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change
Day 25 - A picture of your day
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss


Ok, Day 1: A picture of yourself and 10 facts

I chose this picture because even though I'm all dolled up for my bridal shoot, I think I still look really natural.  I also like how I look a little mischievious :)  Now, 10 facts:

  1. I'm pretty much obsessed with peacock feathers.  I designed my wedding around them, have them in my house, and have clothing and jewelry that features them.  I think that they are one of God's prettiest creations.
  2. I can't believe at age 24 I'm married, own my on home, and am halfway through my Master's degree all while working full-time as a jr. high Special Ed. teacher.  This is all good, but sometimes I secretly have mini-panic attacks about the fact that there's less and less spontanaeity in my life.
  3. I love to cook, and I'm pretty good at it.  I can make several really great home-made icings, and know a secret for turning boxed cake mix into the best cake this side of your grandmother's.  I'm also a lover of casseroles and have several that I make that are definite winners.
  4. I made it through the first round of auditions when American Idol came to Birmingham a few years ago, but I chickened out and didn't go back the next day.  This is one of my biggest regrets in life.
  5. I'm adopted.  I think most everyone knows this, since its never been a secret, but it gives me a different perspective sometimes when it comes to the definition of family, so I like to make sure people understand where I come from.
  6. I don't exactly fit the mold of a "southern belle," but my favorite magazine is Southern Living, and I'm incredibly in love with Southern culture and traditions.  Politically, I'm pretty liberal, but in my own life I'm a little more conservative (usually).
  7. Speaking of tradition, Roll Tide! :)
  8. I love dachshunds and am the proud owner of 2 pretty puppies-- Bella & Ingram!
  9. One of my goals in life is to travel to all 50 states.  I really would like to see the worl, but I want to start in my own "backyard" first.
  10. I'm currently obsessed with online "shopping" for cars (because I'm getting one within the next year!).  I think I have analyzed and compared everything there is to compare between brands, and I thought we'd decided on the Volvo XC60.  BUT...that was before I discovered the beautiful 2011 Kia Sorento SX.  You'd never guess it (because I certainly didn't believe it at first), but it beats every other SUV in its class in techie stuff, is the only one that seats 7, and has the best warranty hands down...its also cheaper and incredibly sharp!  I can't wait until its mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment