Sunday, February 27, 2011

Photo Challenge Day 7

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item

The thing that I treasure the most is all of my pictures from throughout my life.  I really love that I have so many, because they help me recall memories that I might not think about otherwise.  As far as actual items go however, I have 2 that are particularly special. 

The first, and most emotionally significant is my engagement ring.  It belonged to Wes's grandmother, Thelma, who was his dad's mom.  She and Wes had a very special relationship, as he was her only grandson (and for all the years before Kacie was born, her only grandchild).  She kept him alot when he was younger, but passed away around the time he finished high school.  Unfortunately, I never met her, but his family loved and trusted me enough to let him give me her ring.  I think its beautiful, unique, and incredibly special since it means so much to so many people.




As for my other prized possession, I just got it yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to upload pics yet, but these two look exactly like mine.  I am now the proud owner of a 2011 Kia Sorento SX.  Its fully loaded, and faster than my Mustang was.  Its a sports car in an SUV frame, and its the most amzing vehicle I've ever sat in.  If you're in the market for a car, don't purchase anything until you test drive one of these!

1 comment: