Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday

Weekly Weigh-In:  229.6 lbs...ehhh...Ok.  .2 lbs less than last week.  I'm not sure that really even counts, but at least it went down and not up.  Not to make excuses, but it has been a REALLY stressful week.  I have 2 grad assignments due Friday, and some MAJOR behavior problems that include lots and lots of paperwork at school.  I SO want to blog about the school stuff, because I think it would be quite therapeutic, but I'm not sure that would be the most professional thing to do, so that's all I'm gonna say.  I need to be less of a stress eater and more of one of those people who don't eat when they're stressed....that would be extremely nice.

Wrecipe:


"Sheperd's Pie"
 
1 1/2 lbs. ground sirloin
1 med. onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 c. frozen mixed veggies
3 Tbs tomato paste
1 14 oz. can sodium free beef broth
3 Tbs. flour
salt & pepper to taste
1 container refrigerated mashed potatoes (I use Bob Evans brand)

In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic on medium for 5 minutes.  Stir in the beef, brown, crumble, and drain.  Add the frozen veggies, cover and cook on medium for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Meanwhile, In a separate bowl combine the flour and beef broth with a whisk.  Add the tomato paste and broth mixture to the skillet, stir, and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes or until the broth thickens.  Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray, pour in all of the beef mixture.  Top with the mashed potatoes, using a spatula to spread them (like icing).  If you want to make it pretty, sprinkle paprika on the top :)  Cook for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the potatoes start to become golden colored in spots.  Serves 6 (big servings) and is 6 points per serving.

I made this wrecipe Saturday night because we had a couple of friends over for the game.  Everyone LOVED it!  It was so warm and comforting, but it was great to know that it wasn't "bad" for us.  Unfortunately, my dear husband insisted on garlic butter french bread, and THAT was bad I'm sure.

Weekly Fitness:  The walking idea has been a winner!  I LOVE how it makes me feel-- both emotionally and physically.  I'm getting into a routine, and in a strange way, I'm beginning to crave it.  As I mentioned in Saturday's post, Wes and I went and walked and played on the swingset that morning.  Monday, Noemi and I couldn't go because it was raining, so we went yesterday instead.  We plan on going  this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon, and I am hoping Wes will go with me again on Saturday....maybe to one of the tracks we haven't been to yet. 

1) Goal: I'm bumping my 3 day a week goal up to walking at least 4 days a week.  And I have to walk at least 2 miles each time.  My long-term goal is to turn this into hiking in some of the state parks (what a NICE, free Saturday that will be), and turn the walking on the tracks into jogging bit by bit....but I'm not there yet.

2) Tip:  I've learned to not let my whole diet go just because I don't lose much weight one week.  This is a lifestyle change, not a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment