Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Perfect Day

     Today has been a wonderful day!  Wes and I got up and went to the hopital ( I know, you're thinking that doesn't sound wonderful...).  Each year our hospital hosts a $5 jewelry and accessory sale for a fundraiser, and today was the day.  I got a Christmas present for someone that loves zebra print (Kacie, if you're reading this you still won't guess what it is), 2 necklace and earring sets that look like "Lucky Brand" designs, and a white jelly watch (ala Sandra Bullock in "The Blindside). 
     After that. we went back home to eat breakfast.  I had one of the Amy's frozen entrees (Cheese Enchiladas...yummy!), which Wes thought was a strange breakfast, but I think it accomplished dairy, whole grain, and veggies....and it was healthy (because Amy's foods always are-- see my list of websites on the right sidebar for more on Amy's!).  We then proceeded to be lazy for a few hours.
     Once our food had settled, we went to Noble Park and walked a mile.  This park in Sylacauga is fun to walk at because the track goes around an area with playground equipment and a skate park area.  Its interesting to watch the kids doing stunts on their bikes and skateboards.  Some of them are REALLY good!  We were inspired mostly by the swings, however, and decided that it had been too long since we had played on a swingset.  We spent a good 20-30 minutes swinging, and Wes even pushed me a little which was SO much fun!  I think we probably got a little bit of a workout in the arms and abs from the whole swinging process, so that's just an added bonus.
     After leaving the park, we came back to our house and settled in for a quiet afternoon of movies on TV, football, and online shopping for a bedspread.  I've narrowed it down to these (any opinions would be welcome):




 












     Now we're straightening up around the house.  My dearest friend (shout-out to Kristen McDaniel) and my almost favorite cousin (love ya' Nathan Harmon) are coming to watch the game (and by that I mean Alabama).  I'm making Shepherd's Pie (the weight watcher version, which will be my featured wrecipe on Wednesday), and I'm hoping that it turns out OK, because I've never tried this version before.  We're going to have some Apple Wine from the Applebarn Winery in Pigeon Forge (I'm sure the boys will stick with beer), and Wes is making garlic cheese bread.  Maybe the Tide will win, which is the only way (except for winning the lottery) that this day could get any better.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Anna....We actually decided on one entirely different though, after remembering we hadn't checked Target's website. I'll post a pic of it today.

    ReplyDelete