Saturday, January 29, 2011

I Drive Like a Cullen...

......which means I want NEED a Volvo!!!  Since Saturday's are supoosed to be about shopping (duh), but I'm not going anywhere today (but we are having a BBQ later-- YAY!), I decided to peruse the internet world of cars.  I've priced and compared SUV models from Ford, Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Audi, Lexus, Chevy, GMC, Mercury, and finally it dawned on me to try Volvo (thanks to my cousing Nathan who informed me that they're now made by Ford, which I had my heart set on until I realized that to get the one I wanted it would cost me as much as a luxury brand).  See, it seems that in the world of SUV's and crossovers that pretty much all of them fall in the $30,000-$40,000 price range; and, while the seemingly cheaper brands carry completely stripped down 4-cylinder (who wants that in an SUV?) editions for $30,000, by the time you add in all the necessities (yes, in this day and age cruise control, automatic windows & locks, and auxiliary outlets ARE necessities) you might as well buy a standard Volvo. 

Which leads me to this beauty....




This is the 2011 Volvo XC60-R, and in 1 1/2 years (when Wes finishes paying off his car), it will be mine.  I want it just like this one too-- metallic black with all the sporty details (which come standard in the R edition).  It also has TONS of other fabulous standard features (which would drive the Fords, Chevy's GMCs, etc into the above $40,000 range).  For example, I get 5 year warranty, 5 year wear and tear warranty, 5 years roadside assistance, bluetooth ready, sirius sattelite radio, climate control sensors, one touch automatic windows, front, back and side air bags, city safe technology that helps you break in stop and go traffic, and so many more that I could go on, and on for a WHILE. 

And the best part about the whole she-bang?  This beautiful baby comes in at around $38,000, which is the price prior to negotiations, of course.  Dealerships always lower prices, the hard part will be trying to convince them that I'm willing to walk away from it, when in reality I'd go buy it today, right now, full price if I could.

So, in about a year and a half, I really will "drive like a Cullen..."  :)







2 comments:

  1. I haven't always wanted one, but I want this one now worse than I've ever wanted any other car!!!

    ReplyDelete