Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday

Maybe the title for today should be Wacky Wednesday! 

I got woke up at 5 am by tornado sirens.  I quickly turned my TV on to learn that I was A-OK....whew!  I loathe tornadoes (unless they're on TV, in which case they fascinate me).  Turns out, the storm was up in the northern part of my county (I live in a LONG county).  I mean, later on in the morning we had some warnings that were more specific to my area (yay), and then the sirens were definitely welcome.  I'm just wondering why they can't be more specific with the sirens???  (At least the schools were delayed until 10:30!!!)

Anywho....let's get down to business.

Weekly Weigh-in:  231.4 lbs (not acceptable on my 5'7" frame)

What I'm doing about it:

  1. Weight Watchers- For now I'm doing it from home.  I'm going to use this blog as my accountability.  If necessary I'll join a meeting group, but I want to see if I can be successful this way first (and save a little money each month).
  2. Wii- Wes and I got one for Christmas this past year, used it religously for about 2-3 months, and haven't touched it since.  We just got really busy with wedding stuff, but that was several months ago, so I'm out of excuses.  Its time to dust off the balance board and play Wii fit!
  3. Wrecipes (My play on spelling for Weight Watcher Recipes)- I cook several nights a week, and I'm going to make sure that it is a weight watcher recipe.  I'll post the week's best on here each Wednesday.

Wrecipe

Ingredients:
2 cans chicken breast meat
1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 c. chopped green onion
16 ounces fat-free refried beans -- (1 can)
8 ounces green chiles -- (2 cans) drained & cut lengthwise into quarters
1 1/2 c. Weight Watchers Mexican blend cheese
1 can Mexicorn
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 c. skim milk
1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
2 eggs -- lightly beaten
2 egg whites

Warm chicken in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Combine chicken, cumin, and next 6 ingredients in a bowl.  Stir well, and set aside. Arrange half of green chile strips in a square baking dish; top with half of cheese. Spoon mounds of bean mixture onto cheese, and spread gently, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edge of dish; top with corn. Arrange remaining chile strips over corn; top with remaining cheese. Set aside. Combine flour and salt in a bowl; gradually add milk and hot sauce, stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Stir in eggs and egg whites; pour overcasserole. Bake at 350º for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until set; let stand 5 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 [3-1/2-inch] square).
Per serving: 262 calories, 6g total fat (2g saturated fat), 4g fiber
Weight Watcher Points: 5 per serving

This was definitely a "winner, winner chicken dinner!"  Wes said he couldn't tell it was "diet food," and despite the longish ingredient list (most of them are spices) it was easy-peasy.


Weekly Fitness

Goal: I will play the wii fit for a total of at least 3 hours this week.

Tip: Park at the end of the parking lot whenever you go to the store. (I'm doing this from now on if its not raining.)


Well, that's all on that for this week...



1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm incredibly inspired. Seriously. I always THINK about doing something to get more in shape and lose weight (the key word there was think haha). Thanks, Loren! :)

    ReplyDelete